The Corona Estate
- A family owned and operated winery in the heart of Valle de Guadalupe, established in 2011, Corona del Valle works with 9 varieties of grapes all of which come from their organically farmed sustainably run vineyards.
- Focus is on monovarietals, with fastidious attention to detail in the vineyards and making very pure honest wines with no corrections.
- The winery is designed with the utmost orientation to sustainability with forward thinking elements such as a rooftop solar array that provides enough energy to run their entire operation, and buried drip irrigation lines to reduce loss from evaporation to almost zero.
- Soil type: Decomposed sandstone and red clay
- Elevation: 1000 ft
- Vine age: vines planted in 2011
- Farmed organic (not certified)
Total Production: 9 wines (additional reservas in some vintages), 7,000 cases
2017 Reserva Petit Verdot - Corona del Valle
Tasting Notes and Drinking Window:
100% Petit Verdot
Corona del Valle
Jac Cole - American lives in Napa
Hector Corona - Mexican
Ricardo Espinoza - Mexican
Valle de Guadalupe - Estate vineyards in the center of the valley at an elevation of 1,000 ft. Vines are 6 years old and planted in soil of decomposed sandstone mixed with red clay. While not certified, the vineyards are farmed organic.
Fermentation occurred in stainless steel tanks with seeds and skins over a period of 4 weeks. After fermentation the wine was moved to French oak barrels (blend of 1st and 2nd use) and aged for an additional 24 months. After bottling, the wines were aged for an additional 24 months in the bottle before being released.
Sulfites: 35 ppm