- DuoMa was created in 2016 by husband-and-wife team Eliecer Arroyo and Carla Torres as a small oenological project focused on creating expressive and honest wines that reflect accurate varietal expression and the place they come from.
- Their philosophy is to create wines that reflect the purity of the grape without modification or alteration. To achieve this, they focus on minimal intervention, applying modern oenological techniques and manual procedures. When at all possible, they chose to use their hands in the winemaking process knowing that by doing so the quality of their wines will be enhanced…two hands that become an element of the wine.
- A small winery that does not yet own its own vineyards, Duoma sources from several organically farmed vineyards sites in the Valleys of Guadalupe, Ojos Negros, Santo Tomas and San Vicente.
- The name Duoma is a combination of the Spanish words for two "dos", and hand "mano" and symbolizes the fact that two sets of hands came together to make these wines.
- The elegance of their concept is summarized in the feeling readily apparent in the presence of this couple and this, in combination with their penchant for simplicity and innovation, is captured by the Quonset hut structure of their winery located on a hill in the center of Valle de Guadalupe.
- native yeasts, low sulfites, minimal intervention, and use of hands as much in the process of making the wines are components that breathe life into these delightfully refreshing wines.
Total production: 6 wines, 800 cases
2020 Petit Verdot - (Natural) - Duoma
Tasting Notes and Drinking Window:
100% Petit Verdot
Eliecer Arroyo and Carla Torres
No Sulfites added at any point during the process