- DuoMa was created in 2016 by husband-and-wife team Eliecer Arroyo and Carla Torres as a small oenological project focused on creating expressive and honest wines that reflect accurate varietal expression and the place they come from.
- Their philosophy is to create wines that reflect the purity of the grape without modification or alteration. To achieve this, they focus on minimal intervention, applying modern oenological techniques and manual procedures. When at all possible, they chose to use their hands in the winemaking process knowing that by doing so the quality of their wines will be enhanced…two hands that become an element of the wine.
- A small winery that does not yet own its own vineyards, Duoma sources from several organically farmed vineyards sites in the Valleys of Guadalupe, Ojos Negros, Santo Tomas and San Vicente.
- The name Duoma is a combination of the Spanish words for two "dos", and hand "mano" and symbolizes the fact that two sets of hands came together to make these wines.
- The elegance of their concept is summarized in the feeling readily apparent in the presence of this couple and this, in combination with their penchant for simplicity and innovation, is captured by the Quonset hut structure of their winery located on a hill in the center of Valle de Guadalupe.
- native yeasts, low sulfites, minimal intervention, and use of hands as much in the process of making the wines are components that breathe life into these delightfully refreshing wines.
Total production: 6 wines, 800 cases
2021 Pet Nat Amber - Duoma
Tasting Notes and Drinking Window:
A very special limited edition wine that delivers the signature extremely expressive nose and crisp angularity in the mouth that this young estate is becoming known for. Juice from the white Grenache Blanc grapes were fermented on the skins for 7 days before bottling, giving the wine a lovely amber color and a fresh nose of citrus peel and stone fruits. In the mouth the wine is dry and crisp and full the complexity one can expect to find in a wine fermented on native yeast and bottled without sulfites.
Only 24 cases made
Drinking window: Now - 3 years
100% Grenache Blanc
Eliecer Arroyo and Carla Torres
A small site in Valle de Ojos Negros at an elevation of 2,200 ft that was planted in 2010 in soils rich in clay with some sand.
Harvested in mid-August and fermented on native yeast in stainless steel tanks for 7 days and bottled when fermentation was approximately 3/4 complete. This wine is made without sulfites, had no extraction techniques such as pump overs employed during fermentation, and was not filtered or fined at any point during the process.
Sulfites: 0 ppm
This is a new vintage! More details coming soon!