The Carrodilla Estate
- This estate represents the first certified organic and biodynamic vineyards in Mexico.
- All of the monovarietal wines are made from estate fruit.
- Their southwestern facing vineyard site is located 11 miles up the Valle de Guadalupe from the Pacific at an elevation of 1,000 ft.
- They are one of the first wineries in Mexico to make a fully certified organic and biodynamic wine.
- Their organic certifications come from the USDA and CCOF.
- Their biodynamic certification comes from IMO, with a second certification from Demeter planned to take effect in 2020.
- To visit Carrodilla is to visit a true working farm, only part of the project is growing grapes and making wine.
Total production: 34.5 acres under vine, 7 wines, 3,500 cases
2017 Cabernet Sauvignon - La Carrodilla
Tasting Notes and Drinking Window:
There are times where one word is more powerful than many, and here that seems to be the case. This wine is "yummy".
There you have it. Mic drop. Boom.
350 cases made
Drinking window: Now (with a 30 min decant) - 10 years
100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Gustavo Gonzales - Mexican
Valle de Guadaplue - Estate vineyards. 950 ft elevation. Decomposed granite with clay. amendments per biodynamic specifications.
Fermented in stainless steel tanks with skins and seeds for 3 weeks then racked to 1st and 2nd use French oak barrels and aged for 12 months.
Sulfites: 70 ppm
Biodynamic, organic, sustainable