The Corona Estate
- A family owned and operated winery in the heart of Valle de Guadalupe, established in 2011, Corona del Valle works with 9 varieties of grapes all of which come from their organically farmed sustainibly run vineyards.
- Focus is on monovarietals, with fastidious attention to detail in the vineyards and making very pure honest wines with no corrections.
- The winery is designed with the utmost orientation to sustainibility with forward thinking elements such as a rooftop solar array that provides enough energy to run their entire operation, and buried drip irrigation lines to reduce loss from evaporation to almost zero.
- Soil type: Decomposed sandstone and red clay
- Elevation: 1000 ft
- Vine age: vines planted in 2011
- Farmed organic (not certified)
Total Production: 9 wines (additional reservas in some vintages), 7,000 cases
2018 Sauvignon Blanc - Corona del Valle
Tasting Notes and Drinking Window:
Crispness, acidity, mineral notes, slate and subtle notes of passion fruit drive this wine like a convertible with top down on a hot summer day. Fresh cut grass and hints of jalape̱o blend with lemon zest and chalk, leaves lips smacking.
900 cases made
Drinking window: Now - 3 years
100% Sauvignon Blanc
Corona del Valle
Jac Cole - American lives in Napa
Hector Corona - Mexican
Ricardo Espinoza - Mexican
Valle de Guadalupe - Estate vineyards in the center of the valley at an elevation of 1,000 ft. Vines are 6 years old and planted in soil of decomposed sandstone mixed with red clay. While not certified, the vineyards are farmed organic.
Fermentation takes place over 3 weeks with seeds and skins in stainless steel tanks. After this the wine is racked off the skins and continues to age in stainless steel for another 2 months.