The Carrodilla Estate
- This estate represents the first certified organic and biodynamic vineyards in Mexico.
- All of the monovarietal wines are made from estate fruit.
- Their southwestern facing vineyard site is located 11 miles up the Valle de Guadalupe from the Pacific at an elevation of 1,000 ft.
- They are one of the first wineries in Mexico to make a fully certified organic and biodynamic wine.
- Their organic certifications come from the USDA and CCOF.
- Their biodynamic certification comes from IMO, with a second certification from Demeter planned to take effect in 2020.
- To visit Carrodilla is to visit a true working farm, only part of the project is growing grapes and making wine.
Total production: 34.5 acres under vine, 7 wines, 3,500 cases
2021 Arbol Rosé- La Carrodilla
Tasting Notes and Drinking Window:
Part of an expanding Arbol line within the Carrodilla portfolio, this new rosé leads with a smart nose of bright strawberries and red fruits that report to the mouth that refreshment is on the way. In the mouth the wine floats across the palate with absolute grace and finishes with balanced acidity.
100 cases made
Drinking window: upon release - 3 years
Gustavo Gonzales - Mexican
Valle de Guadaplue - Estate vineyards. 950 ft elevation. Decomposed granite with clay. Amendments per biodynamic specifications.
Fermented with native yeast in open stainless steel tanks with skins and seeds for 3 weeks then racked into another stainless tank and aged for 9 months.
Sulfites: no added sulfites
Biodynamic, organic, sustainable