The Carrodilla Estate
- This estate represents the first certified organic and biodynamic vineyards in Mexico.
- All of the monovarietal wines are made from estate fruit.
- Their southwestern facing vineyard site is located 11 miles up the Valle de Guadalupe from the Pacific at an elevation of 1,000 ft.
- They are one of the the first wineries in Mexico to make a fully certified organic and biodynamic wine.
- Their organic certifications come from the USDA and CCOF.
- Their biodynamic certification comes from IMO, with a second certification from Demeter planned to take effect in 2020.
- To visit Carrodilla is to visit a true working farm, only part of the project is growing grapes and making wine.
Total production: 34.5 acres under vine, 7 wines, 3,500 cases
2017 Asi se va las Estrellas Blanco - La Carrodilla
Tasting Notes and Drinking Window:
Perhaps the most voluptuous white wine from Valle de Guadalupe, “Asi se va las Estrellas” (This is how you get to the stars) is a 100% Chardonnay made from the best grapes of the 2017 harvest.
Built in a New World style this offering takes the the rich and buttery dimensions to their logical conclusion. Decadent and enveloping, only 70 cases were made and only 2 cases were allocated to the public. The seductive nose and elegant mouthfeel if this wine need to be tasted to be believed. 2020 marks the first year the wine is available in the US.
70 cases made - only 2 cases allocated to the US
Drinking window: Upon release - 9 years
Gustavo Gonzales - Mexican
Valle de Guadalupe - select clos of estate vineyards planted at 950 ft elevation in soils of a red clay and calcareous sand mix. Vines planted in 2008.
Fermentation occured in new french oak barrels and then racked off the lees and aged for another 12 months in 4th use French oak barrels.
Sulfites: 70 ppm